PE Sports Premium
Physical Development and Physical Education are fundamental parts of our curriculum, for our learners this involves movement, play and exercise. We encourage pupils to play sport and be active in order to keep healthy to promote social interaction, to build group skills and to have pathways into the community. We aim to promote social inclusion and economic independence. The school utilises the funding in line with the Department for Education Guidance, which is to
- Develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
We have utilised the funding to contribute to four specific areas:
- Extending sporting opportunities through community events
- Developing access to outside space
- Utilising off site facilities to develop physical development
- Provided equipment to allow our pupils to develop movement so that sport and leisure can be part of their lives.
The use of the funding in line with DfE Guidelines, and impact of this funding, is monitored through the Finance committee
Sports and PE Action Plan 2019 to 2020
Funding for 2018 to 2019
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.