The Chiltern School is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for pupils and staff.
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and we strive to work together with pupils, staff, parents and other agencies to ensure Safeguarding is a priority.
If you have concerns about a pupil / family please contact our Designated Safeguarding Lead, Jemma Kirby (Director of Safeguarding and Mental Health) or Deputy DSL, Lianna Taylor (Director of Personal Development). Please call the school reception who will put you through.
If you are worried about someone who does not attend our school you can contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) for the appropriate local authority to share your concerns.
- Central Bedfordshire MASH 0300 300 300 8585 (out of hours 0300 300 8123)
- Bedford Borough MASH 01234 718700 (out of hours 0300 300 8123)
- Luton County Council MASH 01582 547653 (out of hours 0300 300 8123)
You can also call the police on 999 in an emergency. If you are unable to speak during the call please press 55 on your handset which will alert the call handler and prompt action.
You can find our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy here
There is a range of support available, please have a look at the Community section on our website for links to services. Below are some links to organisations which may be able to offer support in times of need.
For concerns about a child / if you are a child who needs support
For debt advice
Food banks / crisis support
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse
- Bedfordshire Domestic Abuse Partnership
- The Hideout (for children and young people)
- GALOP for LGBTQ+
- Respect – Men’s advice line
For emotional / wellbeing mental health support
- Offer a safe space for somebody to go to who needs to access support if they are experiencing Domestic Abuse
- Offer a safe space for someone to contact a support service to help them safely