6th July 2021
Dear Parents, Carers and Families,
Unfortunately the number of COVID cases in Central Bedfordshire continues to rise, we are pleased to say that we haven’t had any new cases in our school community recently although we have staff who have had to self isolate due to the rise in the community and other school closures.
Current guidance means that each time a positive case is identified in a member of the school community we are required to identify close contacts in line with Public Health requirements and inform them of the need to isolate for 10 days from the last point of contact. Whilst there has been much speculation in the press regarding the ending of these rules, nothing has been changed yet and the school must continue to follow these procedures. Whilst we appreciate this is disruptive to parents and the pupils’ education, we are following government instructions.
In line with recent public health guidance all close contacts are asked to book and take a PCR test through the NHS to try and identify any outbreaks.
Home Lateral Flow Testing
All pupils will be given enough tests to continue testing twice weekly into the summer holidays. Results should be communicated to the NHS and school using the links we have previously sent out. Whilst officially this may be paused over the summer holidays we would encourage you to support the continuation of this practice.
Once we have finished for the summer holidays If your child tests positive (on either a lateral flow test or PCR test) or develops COVID symptoms and then tests positive within 48 hours of attending school you should notify the school immediately using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. If it is longer than 48 hours since attending school the NHS Test and Trace service will carry out the contact tracing.
We have been given no further information about requirements for September. We are currently planning for Early Transitions and all Phase 1 pupils, to start back on Monday 6th September 2021 then Phase 2 and 3 to start back on Tuesday 7th September.
We are currently awaiting updated guidance as we reach Stage 4 of the national roadmap. Should the guidance change we may need to alter this and have a more staggered return to school over a longer period of time. We will update you when we have further guidance should this be necessary.
Thank you for your continued support.
The Chiltern School.
Ever since James started at The Chiltern School he’s been like a different person. He loves school and can’t wait to get there everyday. We’ve seen such a massive change in his behaviour and outlook.